- See more at: http://myblogrtricks.blogspot.com/2014/07/how-to-show-post-title-before-blog.html#sthash.p9yUfIwF.dpuf

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Giving You More

After all this time, and after a lot of thought, I've finally done it.



I've created a Facebook page for Undiscovered Tomes.

I know, I know... this doesn't seem like a big deal. But it really is. You see, Undiscovered Tomes was created for two reasons:

  • To aid independent authors in getting the recognition that they deserve, and 
  • To guide readers toward great indie ebooks that they may not otherwise see, due to lack of exposure.
Once I've reviewed an author's work, I continue to follow them (usually silently). I love to check back on an author's progress. Has a new ebook been released? Is the author doing well, or is s/he feeling that sense of frustration we writers know all too well?

Once you've earned a spot on this blog, you have my unwavering support. I want you to succeed, wholeheartedly, because I've seen your potential.

I believe in you.

It's because of this belief in a writer that I look for flaws in a work, regardless of how amazing it is, because we writers always have the desire to improve. The moment we lose that drive, our work becomes less appealing to our readers. We all know this.

But there is only so much that can be done on a review blog. The flaws can be pointed out, but that just doesn't feel like enough.

I want to give people more.

A Facebook page allows me to do this. It gives me the ability to share titles that I *haven't* reviewed, due to the guidelines I've set, but that I still recommend. It gives me the opportunity to share links to tips that can aid a writer in proofreading, editing, and marketing. And it also lets me share photos of cats.

Well, ok. Maybe not that last one. Maybe... but if I find a photo of a kitten reading a book, I may not be able to stop myself. I mean, this is the internet.

These are things that don't really fit the format of Undiscovered Tomes, but *do* fit the intent. Give yourself the ability to be a part of that, and 'like' Undiscovered Tomes on Facebook.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Moderated to reduce comments that are unrelated to the post.