- See more at: http://myblogrtricks.blogspot.com/2014/07/how-to-show-post-title-before-blog.html#sthash.p9yUfIwF.dpuf

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Undiscovered Tomes is Now Using Goodreads!

Partial reviews will now be posted on Goodreads, as well!

(insert happy dance here)

Those of you that follow Undiscovered Tomes on Facebook already know this. If you haven't yet 'liked' Undiscovered Tomes, I want to take a moment to convince you to do so. Why?

Because followers on Facebook get a lot of information first, some of it exclusive to the Facebook page, such as information about what other works reviewed authors are releasing. This is mainly because I'm scatterbrained, and Facebook posts are quick and easy.

Plus!

I just really want you to. Interaction with everyone makes me happy, and a happy Rebecca reads much faster than a sad Rebecca does.

But I digress... I was supposed to be talking about Goodreads, not Facebook.

Oopsie!

A few authors have asked me about reviewing on Goodreads. My response was always similar:

"Uhhh... Well... Goodreads? I um... Well... 
I kinda sorta don't have a Goodreads account. Kinda."

That response got old. If people want it, after all, why am I not giving it to them?

So I'm learning the ins and outs of Goodreads, discovering just how little I know about it. It's a learning process that I plan to enjoy. My full reviews won't be located there, but I will be placing a much larger portion of each review onto Goodreads than I place onto the booksellers' sites.

It's going to take some time for me to get reviews of ebooks I've already done onto Goodreads, so please be patient. With the exception of 2, all of my current ratings are of non-indie books I've read in the past, in order to give people an idea what what I like.

Don't worry, though. The indie gems will get there!

The main point, though, is that we have a new place that I'll be placing everyone's reviews, which means increased exposure for all of our authors that have worked so hard to bring their stories to life.

Hooray!!!

Here's my new Goodreads url. Feel free to friend me so that I can figure out how this process - and everything else - works!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Moderated to reduce comments that are unrelated to the post.