- See more at: http://myblogrtricks.blogspot.com/2014/07/how-to-show-post-title-before-blog.html#sthash.p9yUfIwF.dpuf

Saturday, October 18, 2014

The Twenty-Year Promise

We all have our quirks.

Some are a little more annoying than others.

Take mine, for example...

Since my very first job, back when the trilobites ruled the earth during the PreCambrian,

image via http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/150/1/d/trilobite_love_by_fourmapleleaf-d3hnt1w.gif
Artwork snagged from FourMapleLeaf's DeviantArt page.
Go check out her work!

I've successfully managed to not work on my birthday every year. I've begged it off, put in for the time early, and even played sick. Complete with making some very realistic vomiting noises.

This would mark year twenty of not working on my birthday. A nice, round number that echoes with the loud joy of accomplishment.

It's also a Saturday, which means I'm supposed to be posting a review.

But twenty years! the big two-oh! Can I really face myself after having to explain to the world that I've managed to go nineteen years without working on my birthday, only to bug out before the huge twenty year achievement? No, not a twenty year achievement... more like a thirty-eight year, lifelong achievement! People get awards for that sort of thing! Can I possibly duck out of that? Break that promise to myself?

I don't think so.

I'm far too much in love with my own birthday to do that. I've decided, then, that there won't be a review today.

But!

I promise to have one tomorrow.

And!

I'll even go a step further, and do a two-book combo. I have two different ebooks by the same indie author, and I'll be sure to write about them both, either on the same day or two days, back to back. They're good, they fit the Great-Things-To-Read-For-Halloween theme I started with the last review, and they're YA, so they'll give us a good variety.

Hopefully, this will make up for your wait. I have a twenty year long promise to keep to myself, after all!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Moderated to reduce comments that are unrelated to the post.